Having healthy luscious hair is a desire for everyone, be it men or women. But nowadays, more and more people are experiencing a lot of hair loss due to various reasons. While it is perfectly normal for a person to lose about 50-100 strands of hair in a day, if hair fall persists on a larger scale then it can pose as a potential problem. Here are some of the possible causes of hair loss and some natural ways to increase hair volume.
Causes of hair loss:
- Inadequate diet: Nutrition is important for maintaining the overall health of the body including our hair. Deficiency of Vitamins and proteins in our diet can cause hair to become thinner and weaker, resulting in breakage.
- Stress: If a person is going through a significant amount of stress, then they can experience a lot of hair loss due to the hormonal changes in the body. Lack of proper sleep can also be a contributing factor for the same.
- Hormones: Androgens are male hormones that are responsible for balding and an increased amount of these hormones in both males and females can cause excessive hair loss.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, women tend to experience hair loss, but this can generally be recovered post-pregnancy without any special treatment.
Now having learnt about some of the probable causes of excessive hair loss, we shall discuss how to prevent it and how to increase hair volume in one month naturally.
- Nutrition- Proper nutrition is important for maintaining healthy and voluminous hair. Taking a balanced diet and adequate water intake is essential for hair growth. Spinach, walnuts, eggs, avocados, lentils, strawberries, yoghurt and milk are some of the things that can be included in your daily diet for obtaining proper nutrition.
- Eggs- Eggs are rich in protein and can make your hair look shiny and healthy. Along with proteins, eggs have vitamin D and minerals that can be very beneficial for hair growth. Make a mixture of eggs with fenugreek powder or aloe vera gel and apply this paste on your hair for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Aloe Vera- This is an age-old ingredient known for its effectiveness in skin and hair care. It can be used both externally and internally (in pure form). Aloe vera gel can either be extracted from the plant or obtained from the market. Apply this aloe vera mask on your head for some time and then rinse off.
- Onion juice- Onion helps in improving hair density and volume. It prevents hair loss and improves the texture of hair. You can directly extract onion juice and apply it on your head before shampooing or you can use hair products containing natural onion extracts.
- Oil Massage- Massaging your hair with essential oils can prove to be beneficial for hair growth. Regular massages with oils like olive oil, castor oil, almond oil or coconut oil can help decrease hair fall and increase hair volume.
- Shampoo carefully- Shampooing your hair daily can cause damage and hair fall. It is advisable to shampoo only thrice a week or less. Be sure to use mild shampoos free of parabens and SLS as these chemicals are harsh and can damage your hair. Shampoo your hair gently and rinse with lukewarm water. Don’t be too hard on your hair.
In conclusion, we can say that hair is a very important asset for everyone, and it only takes a little effort to maintain them in good health. But you should never stress about your hair loss as it can only make it worse.